Date:      Tue, 1 Mar 2016 22:27:22 +0100 (CET)
From:      Gerald Pfeifer <gerald@pfeifer.com>
To:        "William A. Mahaffey III" <wam@hiwaay.net>
Subject:   Re: [toolchain] gcc5-devel question

On Tue, 1 Mar 2016, William A. Mahaffey III wrote:
> When I run gcc5 from the CLI or under make as a regular user, it reports no
> Graphite support compiled in. When I update the gcc5-devel port, it reports
> Graphite enabled:
>

> [root@devbox, gcc5-devel, 10:24:47am] 504 % make showconfig
> ===> The following configuration options are available for
> gcc5-devel-5.3.1.s20160223:
>      BOOTSTRAP=on: Build using a full bootstrap
>      GRAPHITE=on: Support for Graphite loop optimizations
>      JAVA=on: Java platform support
> ===> Use 'make config' to modify these settings
> [root@devbox, gcc5-devel, 10:24:51am] 505 %

This appears odd.

Just to make sure, in both cases it's the gcc5-devel port / package?

Or might one be gcc5, and the other gcc5-devel?  That should not make
a difference (cf. `diff gcc5/Makefile gcc5-devel/Makefile`), but might
if there are local changes on your system somewhere.

> Is it intentional that the port & pkg have different support options
> (specifically Graphite) ?

Nope.  Unless you changed it locally. ;-)

Gerald