Date:      Tue, 7 Nov 2006 01:13:49 +0200
From:      "Clayton Milos" <clay@milos.co.za>
To:        "Patrick M. Hausen" <hausen@punkt.de>, "ke han" <ke.han@redstarling.com>
Cc:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: em driver testing

Hi there

I am having similar issues. Running 6.1-RELEASE.

I'm using the box as a samba server with pure-ftpd on it too with 2.5T of
raid storage in it. the box is running the generic MP kernel on a Tyan
Thunder K7 with the latest bios v2.14 and dual AthlonMP's. ECC Reg ram that
passed all tests with memtest.

When I pull a few concurrent files over samba or if i pull a big file (say
2-3G) over ftp to my laptop it runs at 30MB/sec but usually locks up the box
with watchdog timeout on the em interface. Usually it pops up with timeouts
on the xl interface at the same time and after a few seconds on the ahc
(onboard adaptec scsi) interfce and I have to hard boot the box to get it
back to life.

I''ve tried the same box with a 3com 3C996B-T NIC which has a Broadcom
BCM5701TKHB chipset on it. It crashes within minutes with no traffic on the
interface. In fact the interface will accept an IP address but times out
pinging anything on the LAN.

If a kernel developer would like access to the box to chek it out please
mail me.

Regards

Clay