Date:      Mon, 27 Dec 1999 18:41:00 +0000
From:      Mark Ovens <mark@ukug.uk.freebsd.org>
To:        robmel@nadt.org.uk, stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: CVSup woes

On Mon, Dec 27, 1999 at 10:02:15AM -0800, John Polstra wrote:
> In article <v04220802b48d2ada2729@[172.16.17.20]>,
> Robin Melville  <robmel@nadt.org.uk> wrote:
> > Hi All,
> >
> > Am I alone in having a hell of a time cvsup-ing 3.4? I'm using the
> > exact same supfile as ever, but it crawls (on whatever server I try)
> > then finally dies with "TreeList failed: Network write failure:
> > Connection timed out" at anything up to one hour after starting.
>
> I haven't seen any problems like this under 3.4.  Have you tried
> some other mirror sites?  There are only about 50 of them to choose
> from. :-)

Since you're in the UK try

*default host=cvsup.uk.FreeBSD.org

in your sup-file

I get excellent d/l speeds from there (some of the US servers are
painfully slow from the UK, unless you pick a time when everyone's
asleep over The Pond).

> John
> --
>   John Polstra                                               jdp@polstra.com
>   John D. Polstra & Co., Inc.                        Seattle, Washington USA
>   "No matter how cynical I get, I just can't keep up."        -- Nora Ephron

	"there's a long-standing bug relating to the x86 architecture
	that allows you to install Windows too"
				   -Matthew D. Fuller