Date:      Fri, 11 Jul 2008 15:30:21 -0400
From:      Brad Mettee <bmettee@pchotshots.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   general question - php5 extensions

I've been banging my head for 2 days trying to get php5 compiled with
extensions OR a way to find the .so files so it could dynamically link
them. I've finally stumbled on the php5-* directories in the ports tree and
it's compiling extensions right now, except that I keep having to deinstall
an extension then restart the php5-extension make again so it can continue.

Why isn't there a single folder under the lang/php5 directory that would
put all of the extensions in the same place? Having them broken up into all
of the varying places in the tree makes it extremely difficult to find
them. Or maybe at least have sym links to them in one place.

This is just for discussion, I don't expect an actual answer..........

         Brad Mettee
         PC HotShots, Inc.
         Baltimore, MD
         (410) 426-7617

      -> Let us bring out the *Power* of your PCs. <-
-> Custom Business Software Solutions since 1991 <-

visit http://www.pchotshots.com for information about our company.