Date:      Wed, 11 Nov 1998 12:22:52 +0300
From:      Alexander Dubinin <alex@nstl.nnov.ru>
To:        "Jason C. Wells" <jcwells@u.washington.edu>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re[2]: Lucent WinModem 56K

   Hello Jason!

 11 Nov 1998 Jason C. Wells wrote:
>>Does someone know, how to force %subj% to work under FreeBSD?
>>Maybe, some PnP configuration options can help?

JCW> Winmodems need Windows drivers. FreeBSD doesn't have Windows drivers. The
JCW> winmodem will not work.
:) Yeah, I know it :) For Windows - it need driver, but it working
under DOS also! (With driver, which make PnP setup, IMHO)
I'm asking - is it possible to set WinModem to be on given IRQ/DMA via
boot -c PnP settings, and use it as normal Internal modem, or it need
some kind of vendor-specific initialization?

 Bye!
  Alexander Dubinin,
   Nizhny Novgorod Software Technology Lab Support Engineer
   E-mail:   AlexanderX_Dubinin@nstl.ims.intel.com, alex@nstl.nnov.ru