Date:      Wed, 22 Dec 1999 10:28:29 +0600 (NOVT)
From:      "Rashid N. Achilov" <shelton@sentry.granch.ru>
To:        freebsd-emulation@freebsd.org
Subject:   doscmd...and russian chars

Sometime later I tried to find any emulator, which could be start some DOS (3.3 or higher) program.
I tried pcemu, doscmd and bochs. Pcemu worked bad. TSR programs hanged it. Doscmd worked better,
but I encountered some problems: If I started doscmd without "-x" key, I receive messages:

Unknown interrupt 15 function 4101
Unknown interrupt 15 function 8796
doscmd: fatal error int16 func 0x2 only supported in X mode

Doscmd worked into X, but I'd prefer it without X. Next, russian chars don't show. Instead of
russian chars  displayed pseudo-graphic and some other garbage. Program, which I must start,
completely localized, without russian chars  it's a litter :-) When I tried to switch codepages
(through mode or any keyboard/screen switcher) I receive message "Tried to load user defined font"
or "Tried to switch codepages" and nothing to happend.

Bochs work fine :-) I setup MS-DOS from floppies :-), run ScanDisk, start need program...but I
can't see russian chars!

What do you advise? Setup some program in MS-DOS? Setup some program in X? Find some kind of fonts
for X? ("vga" is here) Edit "vga" font?
---
   With Best Regards.
   Rashid N. Achilov (RNA1-RIPE), Cert. ID: 28514, Granch Ltd. lead engineer
   e-mail: achilov@granch.ru, tel (383-2) 24-2363