Date:      Sat, 9 Aug 2003 23:17:57 -0400
From:      Scott Lambert <lambert@lambertfam.org>
To:        current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: ACPI battery state and resume not working on Inspiron 5150

On Sat, Aug 09, 2003 at 08:53:54PM -0400, David Gilbert wrote:

> Kevin> Sorry, Joe. By the way, are you suspending with "acpiconf -s3"?
> Kevin> Have you tried creating a hibernation partition (slice) and
> Kevin> using -s4? That appears to work better than suspend on most
> Kevin> platforms that support it at all.
> Kevin>
> Kevin> -- R. Kevin Oberman, Network Engineer
>
> What does a hibernation partition look like?
>
> My dell has a 31 meg partition that I havn't touched and my FreeBSD
> partition.

And can you determine what the hibernation partition should look like
from an acpidump?  I have a toshiba that only lists :

hw.acpi.supported_sleep_state: S1 S4 S5

And I wiped the disk so fast after I bought it, that I've never seen the
hibernation setup that originally came with it.

lambert@lambertfam.org