Date:      Tue, 27 Apr 1999 18:58:58 +1200
From:      "Dan Langille" <junkmale@xtra.co.nz>
To:        Nicole Harrington <nicole@nmhtech.com>
Cc:        advocacy@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD Security

On 26 Apr 99, at 23:25, Nicole Harrington wrote:

>  There is a cool mailing list called the Sans Security Mailing that is
>  kindof
> like a condensed bugtrack and cert mailing. I rather liked one entry it
> contained in it's listing of security bugs for all OS's.
>
>                         ---------------
> FreeBSD:
> No FreeBSD security reports have been released since 11/04/1998.
>
> Not many os's could claim that.

Grin.  Pretty good.

But it brought to mind something about a CEO comparing Mac and Windows.
He claimed that Mac must have lots of bugs in it because bug fixes were
issued "all the time" but Windows must have no bugs because they hardly
ever issue any bug fixes.
--
Dan Langille - DVL Software Limited
The FreeBSD Diary     - http://www.FreeBSDDiary.org/freebsd/