Date:      Thu, 23 May 2002 08:43:27 +0200
From:      Stijn Hoop <stijn@win.tue.nl>
To:        Edwin Culp <eculp@encontacto.net>
Cc:        freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: apache2 + SSL

--r5Pyd7+fXNt84Ff3

On Wed, May 22, 2002 at 01:45:41PM -0700, Edwin Culp wrote:
> I had been meaning to test apache2-ssl and hadn't so your email reminded =
me
> and I followed the instructions in the links you posted and it seems to w=
ork.
> I didn't find where I was supposed to put the resultant files so I let the
> apache2 error messages guide me:-)  I did have to get the sign.sh from an
> apache13-modssl.  It seems that it is no longer included the the apache2
> distribution.  I wonder why they removed "make certificate", much faster.=
 =20

Yes, I was just testing also. However, somewhere during my
edit-start-test-stop cycle apache started working - I can swear I didn't
change anything related, but hey...

I suspect it was a memory bug somewhere, but since I can't reproduce it
anymore, I don't know what I could do to report this.

Oh well, at least it works now :)

FWIW, I agree with the 'make certificate' part - maybe it's just an oversig=
ht?

--Stijn

--=20
Q: Why is Batman better than Bill Gates?
A: Batman was able to beat the Penguin.

--r5Pyd7+fXNt84Ff3

--r5Pyd7+fXNt84Ff3--