Date:      Tue, 25 Jun 2002 15:56:30 +0200
From:      "Roger 'Rocky' Vetterberg" <listsub@rambo.simx.org>
To:        Philippe CASIDY <pcasidy@casidy.com>
Cc:        "FreeBSD.org Questions" <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: Amount of FreeBSD servers is decreasing in servers statistics

Philippe CASIDY wrote:
> On 25 Jun, Roger 'Rocky' Vetterberg wrote:
>
>>Philippe CASIDY wrote:
>
>>>I read that I were using Apache2 on  unknown where I expected it to be :
>>
>>The same happened to me after upgrading to FreeBSD 4.6.
>>My guess is that something changed between 4.5 to 4.6 that makes
>>Netcraft unable to recognize the os. It will probably not take
>>long before Netcraft notices and updates their detection software
>>to correctly identify FreeBSD 4.6 as well.
>>

> Do I have to understand that it has always happend like this? and that
> netcraft people will notice that and fixed that on their side?
>
> Thanks
>
> Phil.

I cant say for sure that it has always happened with Netcraft,
though Im almost certain it has.
I know nmap and other os detection software often is unable to
detect the latest version of a os immediatly after its release,
but as said earlier this is often if not always fixed in the next
release. Allthough Netcraft is a webpage, that page is powered by
software, and as such that too has to be updated sometimes.
I would give the people at Netcraft a few days or perhaps a week,
and if nothing changes try emailing them and make them aware of this.