Date:      Sun, 7 Jul 2002 14:08:13 -0400
From:      "sagacious" <sagacious@unixhideout.com>
To:        <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   RE: Help required for dynamic DNS home network, please

You need to specify a "Static" ip address using dhcp, for example
"192.168.1.10" will be your server machine, and 192.168.1.20 and
192.168.1.30 will be your clients. That way you know what the ip is of the
server and you can port forward 80 and what not. And th eips wont change.
You should specify "static" ips using dhcp, and then go to the server url
like so, http://192.168.1.20 This is what i need to do now to view my
website otherwise the router passwd dialog pops up. However, i asked your
same question on this list, and they told me to run my own dns. I ran bind
and its working now, and configged, so if anyone wants to clear up how i can
not make www.unixhideout.com hit my router and ask for a password and go to
my site instead, using DNS now is the time and you will help both me and
stacey. The damage is already done as in the meantime i had to change ALL
the links on my website to actual locations, oppose to a
href="http://www.unixhideout.blah, but i would still like to fix this. HTH a
little, and ill save your email as well as write a tutorial on how i setup
bind and how i fixed this problem we are both having. I will keep you
posted.