Date:      Tue, 25 Jan 2005 02:41:36 -0800
From:      "Thomas Foster" <tbonius@comcast.net>
To:        <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>, "David Gerard" <fun@thingy.apana.org.au>
Subject:   Re: Scroll whell on FreeBSD 5.3 i386

are your using moused in your rc.conf.. if so .. try the following example:

moused_port="/dev/psm0" #or whatever port your mouse is uses
moused_type="auto"

what brand / protocol does the mouse use?
..for most mice you can use the following example in your XF86Config

    Option "Protocol"    "Auto"
    Option "Device"      "/dev/psm0" #or whatever port your mouse is uses
    Option "ZAxisMapping" "4 5"

Is the computer running connected to a KVM switchbox?
..if so try adding  the following line to your device hints:
device          psm0    at atkbdc? irq 12 flags 0x100Hope this helps