Date:      Sun, 19 Nov 2000 22:31:18 -0600
From:      Ben Lutgens <blutgens@usinternet.com>
To:        mobile@freebsd.org
Subject:   PCMPC100 problem still not working

O.k. I am a little confused about the kernel / driver / pccardd separation.
Does pccardd need drivers and stuff compiled in the kernel?
I have the line
device	ed0	at isa? port 0x300 irq 9 iomem 0xd8000 in my config file for
my kernel. and I see an ed1 show up in output from pccardd and I keep getting
ed1 timed out in the logs and the card is essentially useless even though I
get a nice "BEEP" that tells me my card is alive and well and the interface
shows up I can't ping anything.

when I comment this line out of the kernel config and recompile i get unable
to allocate driver error which makes me think it should be compiled in.

the exact lines are
ed0: Device not configured
(then the lines showing that my card matched the def in pccard.conf)
pccardd:[53]: driver allocation failed for Linksys Etherfast 10/100 PC Card
(PCMPC100 V2)): Device not configured Pccardf started.

also, my box hangs during "local package initialization" and needs a ^c to
continue for some reason. can anyone tell me where to look to fix that.

once again the relevant files are
rc.conf
pccard_enable="yes"
pccard_mem="0xd8000"
pccard_beep="1"
pccard_ifconfig="inet MYIP netmask 255.255.255.248"
pccard_conf="/etc/pccard.conf"

pccard.conf
io 0x240-0x260
irq 9 13
card "Linksys" "Etherfast 10/100 PC Card (PCMPC100 V2)"
	config 0x3 "ed" ?
	insert /etc/pccard_ether $device
	remove /sbin/ifconfig $device delete

--
Ben Lutgens  Cell: 651.387.9065  Home: 651.703.9541

Backup not found: (A)bort (R)etry (T)hrowup