Date:      Wed, 12 Dec 2001 03:37:29 -0800 (PST)
From:      Donnie Jones <donniejones18@yahoo.com>
To:        Gavin Kenny <gavinkenny@yahoo.co.uk>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Network Gaming - for work!!

--- Gavin Kenny <gavinkenny@yahoo.co.uk> wrote:
>  --- Donnie Jones <donniejones18@yahoo.com> wrote: >
> Hey half-life is great and all, but I would go with
> > quake3.
> >
> > It has actual linux support, which means that you
> > can
> > use it on freebsd.  :)
> >
> > Also, the mod I play is urban terror, which at
> > www.urbanterror.net there are forums where you can
> > get
> > help.  :)
> >
> > If you have any more questions, feel free to email
> > me.
> > As I said before, I ran a freebsd Urban terror
> > server,
> > it is very easy to set up and maintain.
> >
> > -Donnie
> >

> I have to say having looked at Half Life on the web
> that I think it would take me too long to work out
> the
> gameplay and the key combinations, whereas I know
> Quake/Doom/Heretic.
>
> Do I need to buy anything or does the quake freebsd
> port plus the files from the urbanterror web site
> give
> me everything I need?
>
> thanks
>
> Gavin

If you're just running the server for Urban Terror you
do not need to buy anything.  The files you can get
from www.urbanterror.net or I can give you some of
them if needed.

But, if you want to play the full game on the client
side you do need to purchase quake3 in order to
receive a cd-key.  Without a cd-key you cannot do
online gaming for the client side.  Quake3, I believe,
is only about $15 at CompUSA.

http://www.compusa.com/products/product_info.asp?product_code=275522

Check out that link if you decide to purchase the
game.

Feel free to email me anytime for info about this.

-Donnie