Date:      Thu, 25 Mar 1999 22:11:52 +1100 (EDT)
From:      Andrew MacIntyre <andymac@bullseye.apana.org.au>
To:        James Brown <jamesbrown@cwix.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Kingston KNE110TX and de0 compatible?

On Wed, 24 Mar 1999, James Brown wrote:

> i've got a Kingston KNE110TX ethernet card and FreeBSD 2.2.7.  i noticed
> that the KNE100TX uses the DEC 21140 and should be compatible with the
> de0 device.  i was hoping the 100 and 110 would be similar enough to use
> the same driver and added de0 to my kernel.  it doesn't see the 110.

See if you can ID the chipset on the 110, and then check Bill Paul's list
of tulip-clone drivers (there are a number of them) at
http:/www.freebsd.org/~wpaul

The 110 is almost certainly using one of the clone chipsets.

E-mail: andrew.macintyre@aba.gov.au    (work) | Snail: PO Box 370
        andymac@bullseye.apana.org.au  (play) |        Belconnen  ACT  2616
Fido:   Andrew MacIntyre, 3:620/243.18        |        Australia