Date:      Wed, 8 May 2002 16:49:43 -0300 (ART)
From:      Fernando Gleiser <fgleiser@cactus.fi.uba.ar>
To:        parv <parv@pair.com>
Cc:        f-q <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: converting from ipf to ipfw

On Wed, 8 May 2002, parv wrote:

> i have been using ipfilter for a long time.  recent change in ipf
> source has disallowed use of "port" w/ "log" as an action.  for
> details, see thread: ipf - "log" problem when port is specified
> (after mar.  16 2002 source).
>
> now, i am thinking of switching to ipfw.  are there any pointers --
> besides editing/recompiling kernel -- for somebody who is coming
> from ipf background?  i will be using ipfw only as firewall; i don't
> have any need for natd yet.

Are you saying tha because of that you are going to switch firewalls?
Changing the firewalls is not a trivial desision, and I would find if there
is a solution in my current firewall before I switch.

I'd try to find a fix with ipf before I switch.

Did you try sending mail to the ipf list and asking if that is a bug or
a feature?

Besides, your problem is easilly fixed: just change

log body in on tun0 from any to any port < 1025  group 200

to:

log body in on tun0 proto tcp from any to any port < 1025  group 200
log body in on tun0 proto udp from any to any port < 1025  group 200

in ipf 'port' required either 'proto tcp' or 'proto udp' for as long as I
remember, at least with 'pass', 'block' or 'count'

			Fer