Date:      Sat, 13 Jul 2002 23:32:23 -0600 (MDT)
From:      "M. Warner Losh" <imp@bsdimp.com>
To:        freebsd-stable@rikrose.net
Cc:        freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Netgear MA301 Wireless PCI woes

In message: <20020713113029.GA7414@spoon.pkl.net>
            rik <freebsd-stable@rikrose.net> writes:
: After reading the wi man page, and seeing a message from someone else on
: the -mobile list saying it worked with 4-STABLE, I bought a Netgear
: MA301 and an MA401 to go with it. It doesn't appear to be recognized in
: the slightest. The kernel doesn't even recognize it as being present in
: the machine.

Are you sure that your mobo supports the PCI card you've plugged into
it?  I have a passive backplane that doesn't work for 3/4 of the pci
<-> cardbus bridge cards.  If you aren't even seeing the card with
pciconf, this may be your lot as well.

Warner