Date:      Thu, 11 Mar 1999 17:49:24 +0100
From:      Gunnar Flygt <gunnar@pluto.sr.se>
To:        preacher <ilijah@chat.ru>
Cc:        FreeBSD Questions <questions@FreeBSD.org>
Subject:   Re: error while trying to make port

There are several ports that are broken if you try them directly in
3.1-RELEASE. I do like this:
As root I cd to the directory directly below the port I want, make a `rm
-r nameoftheporttarball` like `rm -r ncftp2` then from there I ftp to
ftp.freebsd.org, cd to the same directory and make a get -R ncftp2 which
gets the port directory for me. Than cd to the directory and run make
again!

On Thu, Mar 11, 1999 at 02:46:18PM +0300, preacher wrote:

> when i'm trying to make any port with patches sysmem says:
> e.g when i'm trying to make mc:
>
> ===>  Extracting for mc-4.5.9
> ===>   mc-4.5.9 depends on executable: gettext - found
> ===>   mc-4.5.9 depends on executable: gmake - found
> ===>   mc-4.5.9 depends on shared library: glib11d.2 - found
> ===>  Patching for mc-4.5.9
> ===>  Applying FreeBSD patches for mc-4.5.9
> it says that cannot cd  to /usr/ports/misc/mc/work/mc-4.5.9
> then:
> *** Error code 1
>
> Stop.
> *** Error code 1
>
> Stop.
> *** Error code 1
>
> Stop.
> *** Error code 1
>
> Stop.
> *** Error code 1
>
> Stop.
>
> when I manualy that mkdir
> and run make again:
>
> ===>  Patching for mc-4.5.9
> ===>  Applying FreeBSD patches for mc-4.5.9
> File to patch: - I input file name 'cause it cannot find it automaticly
> /usr/ports/misc/mc/patches/patch-aa
> then it says:
> 8 out of 8 hunks faild - saving regects to
> /usr/ports/misc/mc/patches/patch-aa.rej
> *** Error code 8
>
> Stop.
> *** Error code 1
>
> Stop.
> *** Error code 1
>
> Stop.
> *** Error code 1
>
> Stop.
> *** Error code 1
>
> Stop.
>
> I working with 3.1-Release, but when i was working wth 3.0-Release I had
>
> the same problem.
> So could anybody tell me what i've done wron or may be I install my OS
> not correct.
> thanx.

                           __o
regards, Gunnar       ---_ \<,_