Date:      Thu, 30 Mar 2000 21:38:28 -0800
From:      "David O'Brien" <obrien@FreeBSD.ORG>
To:        Mark Tempel <mtempel@visi.com>
Cc:        freebsd-sparc@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Cross compilation problems

On Thu, Mar 30, 2000 at 11:03:53PM -0600, Mark Tempel wrote:
> Untill I find out, I have stopped working on kernel level stuff ( I was
> working on porting the loader)

DON'T stop this -- this is actually the best thing and most needed
(IMHO).  Even if we take the BSDI/sparc bits to create FreeBSD/sparc we
will need the FreeBSD loader.  FreeBSD/sparc *must* "feel" just like
FreeBSD/i386 or FreeBSD/alpha -- otherwise it isn't FreeBSD.  The loader
is very FreeBSD specific and not having it is not acceptable.

--
-- David    (obrien@FreeBSD.org)