Date:      Wed, 6 Jul 2005 13:37:19 +0200
From:      Nelis Lamprecht <nlamprecht@gmail.com>
To:        FreeBSD Questions <questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Procedure for migrating user accounts to new system ?

To answer my own posting. Simply copy(keeping correct permissions)
/etc/passwd, /etc/master.passwd and /etc/group to the new system
making sure you have a backup of the original if anything goes wrong.
Then run pwd_mkdb -p /etc/passwd which will update /etc/pwd.db,
spwd.db. I then rsync'ed all home directories and all is well.

Nelis