Date:      Wed, 21 Jan 2009 13:03:30 -0200
From:      "Luiz Otavio O Souza" <lists.br@gmail.com>
To:        <barney_cordoba@yahoo.com>, <freebsd-net@freebsd.org>, "Alexey Ivanov" <need4spam@bk.ru>
Subject:   Re: CARP IP level load balancing

>> Date: Tuesday, January 20, 2009, 9:30 AM
>> In FreeBSD there is only ARP level LB, that is in some cases
>> just not enough for load balancing.
>> Is there any plans to port IP level LB from OpenBSD, and,
>> if yes, will it be ported to 7x and 6x?
>>
>> In my opinion, full CARP realization is one step towards
>> LVS-equal functionality.
>
> Curious as to your specific needs. Is LAGG load balancing of no use at IP
> level?
>
> Barney

hmm... with lagg you have two (or more) phisical connections sharing the
same ip, with carp you will have two (or more) servers sharing the same ip.

i think lagg will not help.

i would like to give a try on carp ip balance, but i dont have the time for
now. i also like to known if someone else is working on this.

Luiz