Date:      Sun, 25 Jun 2000 22:48:53 -0600
From:      Warner Losh <imp@village.org>
To:        Garance A Drosihn <drosih@rpi.edu>
Cc:        Nik Clayton <nik@FreeBSD.ORG>, arch@FreeBSD.ORG, papowell@astart.com
Subject:   Re: Bringing LPRng into FreeBSD?

In message <v0421010eb57c174d0523@[128.113.24.47]> Garance A Drosihn writes:
: Similarly, I would agitate to become a committer just for
: lpr and friends, but I don't work enough with *freebsd* to
: feel comfortable with that.  Sometime soon I should have
: more free time, but right now I simply can not keep up with
: 'current', and it seems that is what I should be doing if
: I want to have my fingers in the middle of the system.  That
: isn't anyone's fault either, it's "just the way it is".
:
: Perhaps moving lpr into a port would help, as well as making
: it easier for people to use lprNG if they wanted to.

I'm not sure who our lpr/lpd committer is, but I know that people have
gotten their commit privs for less....  I'd be happy to sponsor you.

Warner