Date:      Tue, 20 Nov 2001 23:25:03 +0200
From:      Giorgos Keramidas <charon@labs.gr>
To:        Anthony Atkielski <anthony@atkielski.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: home pc use

On 2001-11-20 10:51:19, Anthony Atkielski wrote:
> Not everyone is interested in a learning experience.  Some people are just
> interested in dumping anything with Microsoft's name on it.  People in this
> latter category are likely to be disappointed by an attempt to switch to
> FreeBSD, unless they enjoy playing with their operating systems more than they
> do using them.

	"Not everyone is interested in a learning experience."

So, you are unwilling to learn anything new.  You are well set, and refuse
to learn how anything else works, apart from what you already know.  Then,
I'm afraid, you'll find that it's hard to use anything, be it FreeBSD,
Linux, SunOS or Windows' newest incarnation of an OS.

	"Some people are just interested in dumping anything with
	Microsoft's name on it."

Correct me if I'm wrong, but are you suggesting that to use Microsoft's
Windows OSes you did not invest time and money to learn how to use the
product?  I really don't think so.  You did do a lot of reading.  You did
search in the documentation for ways to accomplish your tasks.  You did
browse the Internet, and search the Usenet archives.  You did dig in the
Microsoft 'Knowledge Base' or whatever it is called this month.

All these things, are exactly the same things that you will have to do to
use *any* operating system effectively :)  Why do you seem so annoyed that
to use FreeBSD you have to learn how it works?

-giorgos