Date:      Wed, 28 Jul 2004 12:02:54 -0700 (PDT)
From:      bsd hack <time_to_hack@yahoo.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Kernel Options

Hi,
    I am working with the Kernel config file to optimize it and also to
improve the overall security of the system!

I have the following quetions:
(1) There are a few options that are not available in the default
kernel... like the IPFIREWALL options(and the like)... I basically need to
know all possible options I can add to the kernel config file!
(2) I guess these options can be used to set the kernel variables
accessible through the sysctl command. So can I create my own options so
that I can set a few kernel variables as and when I build the custom
kernel?
(3) and also my aim includes optimizing the kernel... so by enabling
only the options I need to I should get a get optimization... is there
anything else that can be done?
(4) My aim is to improve local and network security. I guess enabling
IPFIREWALL helps with the network security part.... are there any
special options for local security?

Thank you.

-HKR