Date:      Wed, 15 Apr 1998 20:18:50 -0700
From:      Steve Caine <shc@cfg.com>
To:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Do FreeBSD and HP Netserver E45 Work Together

I'm currently running FreeBSD (several different releases) on several
different unbranded machines -- all working fine.

I would like to bring up a couple more systems on HP Netserver E45's (which
I do not have yet so cannot test).  I've always liked HP gear but have
frequently found it to be slightly nonstandard.  Is anyone actually running
a current FreeBSD on one of these boxes?  From past experience, I'm worried
about the compatibility of a) the on-board SCSI adapter, b) the IDE CD-ROM,
and c) the NIC.

I've searched the archives for "Netserver" (and variants) but can't find
anything conclusive.

Thanks!

Steve.
--
Steve Caine  :: shc@cfg.com  :: http://www.cfg.com/
Caine, Farber & Gordon, Inc. :: Pasadena, CA, USA