Date:      Tue, 8 Oct 1996 07:39:53 +0200
From:      roberto@keltia.freenix.fr (Ollivier Robert)
To:        current@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: Best mail for threaded majordomo reading?

According to Dan Janowski:
> What are you guys using? I am using netscape
> mail which does threading and mbox-es nicely, but
> it has some annoying deficiencies. What is a
> good way of auto-processing all the mail into
> separate mbox-es, i.e. put list mail somewhere
> different than "regular" mail?

Don't look any further:

1. procmail (see /usr/ports/mail/procmail) will dispatch your mail in
   various mailboxes (I can send you privately my procmail entries for the
   FreeBSD lists) ;

2. Mutt[1] will enable you to real mail with threads (as I do) nicely. It
   has very good PGP and MIME support.
   It is not an X11 program though.

[1] <URL:http://www.cs.hmc.edu/~me/mutt/>;
    <URL:http://mutt.frmug.org/>;
--
Ollivier ROBERT    -=- The daemon is FREE! -=-    roberto@keltia.freenix.fr
FreeBSD keltia.freenix.fr 2.2-CURRENT #23: Sun Sep 29 14:56:23 MET DST 1996