Date:      Thu, 27 Mar 2003 10:02:31 +0100
From:      Jaka Erjavec <jaka.erjavec@voljatel.si>
To:        "Dave [Hawk-Systems]" <dave@hawk-systems.com>, <freebsd-isp@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: pmap_collect kernel message

Hi Dave,

You should do just what it says. Increase  PMAP_SHPGPERPROC option in kernel.
Read below.

--------------------- copied from the LINT -----------------------------------
#
# Set the number of PV entries per process.  Increasing this can
# stop panics related to heavy use of shared memory. However, that can
# (combined with large amounts of physical memory) cause panics at
# boot time due the kernel running out of VM space.
#
# If you're tweaking this, you might also want to increase the sysctls
# "vm.v_free_min", "vm.v_free_reserved", and "vm.v_free_target".
#
# The value below is the one more than the default.
#
options         PMAP_SHPGPERPROC=201

Jaka