Date:      Mon, 15 Feb 1999 12:33:19 -0800 (PST)
From:      Matthew Dillon <dillon@apollo.backplane.com>
To:        "John S. Dyson" <dyson@iquest.net>
Cc:        freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: inode / exec_map interlock ? (Ask the authors)

:>
:I don't know what you are trying to do in your code, but there is alot of
:history of problems in that area.  I suspect that you might be making one of
:the mistakes that we used to do, and there is a resource deadlock problem in
:that area.

    ???  I'm not making any mistakes as far as I can tell.  I haven't touched
    the locking in the map code.

    John, please... you have to get out of the habit of assuming that
    everything is my fault.  Either that or read the email more carefully.

    I believe this to be a long standing bug, not something new.  It just
    happens to be rather hard to reproduce, is all.

:John                  | Never try to teach a pig to sing,
:dyson@iquest.net      | it makes one look stupid
:jdyson@nc.com         | and it irritates the pig.

					-Matt
					Matthew Dillon