Date:      Thu, 19 Oct 2000 01:07:04 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Heredity Choice <stork@QNET.COM>
To:        Vladimir Girnetz <vg@zeus.dnt.md>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Alpha SERVER Crash

My hunch is that one of the RAM modules could be bad. If it has more than
the minimum number needed, try removing half of them. If the crash
persists, remove the other half and put the first half back in their
place. If it still crashes, the problem is elsewhere.

Then try removing nonessential hardware.

Paul Smith