Date:      Mon, 2 Jul 2007 19:09:52 +0200
From:      Nikola Lecic <nlecic@EUnet.yu>
To:        James Bailie <jimmy@mammothcheese.ca>
Cc:        Gaye Abdoulaye Walsimou <walsimou@walsimou.com>, Stefan 'Steve' Tell <steve.tell@crashmail.de>, freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: flash

On Mon, 02 Jul 2007 12:08:46 -0400
James Bailie <jimmy@mammothcheese.ca> wrote:

> Stefan 'Steve' Tell wrote:
>=20
>  > What about videos on YouTube?
>=20
> I had my native Firefox go wonky after the XOrg upgrade, and
> after several recompiles and dependency recompiles, it just got
> worse.  I used portupgrade to keep my ports current, but the
> source of problem continued to elude me.
>=20
> As a short term solution, I have ditched the native Firefox and
> installed linux-firefox.
>=20
> By creating symbolic links in
>=20
> /usr/local/lib/linux-firefox/plugins
>=20
> I was able to get the linux-flashplugin-7, linux acrobat7, and
> linux-realplayer plugins to work, without crashing the browser.
> YouTube works fine, but sound goes out of sync immediately, as
> it always did with that plugin.
>=20
> Haven't bothered yet to see if I can get Java working.

People,

I think that you can find answers to a lot of problems mentioned here
if you start reading from

  http://lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/freebsd-questions/2007-June/150737.html

and from

  http://lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/freebsd-questions/2007-June/150773.htm=
l=20

Those posts cover flash7 with native browsers, possible problem after
updating Xorg and some explanations related to {ns,linux}pluginwrapper.

In my experience things remained the same in meantime.

Nikola Le=C4=8Di=C4=87