Date:      Thu, 20 Feb 2003 10:32:45 +0100 (CET)
From:      Stefan Cars <stefan@snowfall.se>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Trying to build imap-uw to allow plaintext passwords

Hi!

I have been trying to build the imap-uw port to allow plaintext passwords
for a long time now... Trying with all different possibilities when
compiling, even suspending the make before it actually compiles and going
into work and doing the changes that is noted in the imap-uw source, but
nothing works. Doing make with SSLTYPE=none is not working. Doing make
with WITHOUT_SSL=yes doesn't work... Nothing work.. imapd will refuse to
not use SSL.  Of course I've tried to build the cclient separatley and
done all the above things...  Of course it's possible to build it
separatly from source, and I'm going for that now but I'm very interested
in getting the port to work.

/S