Date:      Fri, 30 Jan 1998 13:10:32 -800
From:      walton@nordicdms.com (Dave Walton)
To:        Didier Derny <didier@omnix.net>, questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: ODBC / SQL & Windows NT

On 30 Jan 98 at 9:30, Didier Derny wrote:

> I'm running Yard SQL, It works really fine with FreeBSD.
> I know that's a commercial package but when I tried mSQL it was too
> limited, mySQL had no transactions and there were many problems
> between Postgresql (my first choice) and ODBC.
>
> I finally chose Yard. an evaluation version is available at www.yard.de.
>
> You can write your programs with  either ESQL or CLI / ODBC.
>
> they have a support for PHP/FI 2.0.
>
> I've ported their PHP Interface to PHP 3.0 and I'm writing some
> extensions. (probably freely available in a few weeks [I have to check
> with Yard first (a part comes from their source code)].

You're making it as a loadable module that can be loaded with dl(), I
hope?  Pending Yard approval, do you plan to submit it for inclusion
in PHP3?

Dave

Dave Walton
Webmaster, Postmaster                   Nordic Entertainment Worldwide
walton@nordicdms.com                          http://www.nordicdms.com