Date:      Sun, 20 Jun 1999 22:06:37 "GMT"
From:      Backb0ne <backb0ne@start.com.au>
To:        "freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG" <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:    Problems with a PNP modem but not a Winmodem

Hi, i am Freebsd and i update my hardware buying a PNP modem (pctel 56k) that is not a winmodem. But when i boot my freebsd system nothing appers about the modem and i canīt get it using pppd.

PPPd , scripts, chap, etc, is  well done cause i connect to internet using my old 28 modem. Can you point me a little to configure it without Upgradeting the kernel/fbsd version ??

thank you very much.

p.s. Under windows, itīs plugged on com3 using irq10.