Date:      Thu, 24 Aug 2000 06:43:39 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Jaime <jaime@malkav.snowmoon.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Displaying wrong time in email

	I just installed FreeBSD 4.1-Stable, qmail-1.03 (port version 1.19
according to the Makefile, FWIW), imap-uw 4.7c (port version 1.42
according to Makefile), and everything works well with one exception.
When I check my email in my INBOX, everything is time stamped for
UTC while I'm in EDT.  In other words, everything claims to have arrived
four hours latter than it really did.

	My Sent folder shows the correct time, so I don't think that its
the MUA, though I could be wrong.  When I look at the message's raw file I
can find SMTP headers like the following:
Date: 18 Aug 2000 06:00:00 -0000

	This is technically correct, but it means that my users see UTC
instead of EDT.  I'm guessing that this would be a mix of my time and date
settings and qmail's behavior.  So I looked at the version of the qmail
port instaled on another box, one which doesn't have this problem.
[jaime:jaime]> grep Makefile,v /usr/ports/mail/qmail/Makefile
# $FreeBSD: ports/mail/qmail/Makefile,v 1.19 2000/07/07 18:52:27 steve Exp$

	...and then compair it to the problematic box:
zeus:tmp>grep Makefile,v /usr/ports/mail/qmail/Makefile
# $FreeBSD: ports/mail/qmail/Makefile,v 1.19 2000/07/07 18:52:27 steve Exp$

	Then I checked the time settings:
[jaime:jaime]> date
Thu Aug 24 06:42:09 EDT 2000

zeus:tmp>date
Thu Aug 24 06:43:18 EDT 2000

	At this point, I'm at a loss.  Can anyone help explain what is
causing this?  I can't find any differences with what I know about MTAs,
MUAs, and time settings.

						TIA,
						Jaime