Date:      Sun, 06 Jul 2008 20:29:09 +0200
From:      Jan Henrik Sylvester <me@janh.de>
To:        gnome-list freebsd <freebsd-gnome@freebsd.org>
Cc:        Oliver Lehmann <oliver@FreeBSD.org>
Subject:   Re: please test with firefox3 - am I the only one with that "bug"?

Jeremy wrote:
 >Oliver wrote:
 >> http://files.pofo.de/test.html
 >> http://files.pofo.de/test2.html
 >>
 >> the only difference is, that in test2 there is some more text which
makes
 >> firefox3 tiling the <td>'s background picture because it doesn't fit.

I can reproduce this bug as well. Are you affected from the black
resizes images, too?

 > You can try to do with XAANoOffscreenPixmaps stuff, see below.

I tried that again. Now with it on "false", I cannot reproduce any of
the two bugs. Weird. Either, I misspelled the option last time, or it is
something temporary.

Moreover, I was able to reproduce the black resized images bug on
another machine, which uses the "nv" and not the "radeon" driver. There,
using "XAANoOffscreenPixmaps" "false" fixes it as well. That machine got
all packages from the first one.

If this is really a video driver issue, it is really weird that it shows
up on "radeon" and "nv".

You said you wanted to compare "make configure" for firefox3:

http://home.arcor.de/jan_henrik/freebsd-tmp/firefox3-make-configure.bz2

Cheers,
Jan Henrik