Date:      Tue, 12 Oct 1999 17:41:32 -0700
From:      Deepwell Internet <freebsd@deepwell.com>
To:        Carol Deihl <carol@tinker.com>, freebsd-isp@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: nslookup problem please help.

Also, if you're seeing zone records with serial numbers different than your
newest it's probably one of the following:

1) you're looking at a cached copy.  This would show "non-authoritative answer"
or
2) You are querying a secondary name server which is keeping a wrong
record.  This has happened where we don't have the secondary name server
listed correctly with an NS record in the SOA block.