Date:      Sun, 8 Dec 2013 21:26:53 -0500
From:      Eitan Adler <lists@eitanadler.com>
To:        Giorgos Keramidas <keramida@freebsd.org>, FreeBSD Standards <freebsd-standards@freebsd.org>
Cc:        FreeBSD Hackers <freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org>, "freebsd-doc@freebsd.org" <freebsd-doc@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: c99 project

On Tue, Feb 5, 2013 at 5:35 AM, Giorgos Keramidas <keramida@freebsd.org> wrote:
> On 2013-02-04 21:48, Eitan Adler <lists@eitanadler.com> wrote:
>> Is the following page still useful?
>> Would there be any objection to me removing it?
>>
>> http://www.freebsd.org/projects/c99/index.html
>
> I think this is useful until we have full C99 support in at least one
> compiler toolchain.  To the best of my knowledge this is not entirely
> true for either GCC or LLVM.
>
> So we should keep the page alive, until the project is done or canceled.

Reviving an old thread here:

The C99 compliance page was last updated in 2011 and it currently
shows a large amount of outdated information.

I see this page being used in many discussion forums, on IRC, etc. to
show FreeBSD in a negative light. We need to either (A) move this to
the wiki (b) update it on a routine basis or (c) delete it.

Can I please have a volunteer go through the page and tell me what to
change?  I am more than happy to act as the 'doc proxy' but someone
needs to commit to monitoring changes.

--
Eitan Adler