Date:      Mon, 28 Oct 2002 11:18:14 +0100 (MET)
From:      Niklas Johannes Saers <niklasjs@ifi.uio.no>
To:        current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Networking

Hi all,
I'm wondering a bit on the state of the network-drivers in -CURRENT.
On my laptop running a fairly recent -CURRENT whenever I do a
  ifconfig an0 inet 192.168.1.2 netmask 255.255.255.0
my laptop will freeze until I unplug the card. My fxp0 works great on the
same computer. On another box I'm running, the 3Com 509B card that worked
great with -STABLE gets pings of about 9-10 seconds to a computer it's
hooked directly against. My an0 is a Cisco Aironet 350 card.

These are probably known problems, but since they've been ongoing for
quite a while now, I thought I'd mention it. If they are not known
problems, I'd be happy to provide additional data.

Cheers

  Nik