Date:      Sun, 31 Dec 1995 14:28:04 +0200 (MET)
From:      TANEL Kuusk <tanel@obs.ee>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   SLIP and routing on 1.1.5.1?

Hi there,

I have some slip hosts connected to my FreeBSD 1.1.5.1 box, but I
have a prblem with routing. It seems that the routed daemon doesn't
work right, it messes up everything. Without it I can connect
from the slip box to FreeBSD with no problems, but I can't reach any
other hosts (nobody knows the routes to slip box). If I start
routed, I can't do anything. I read some FAQ that suggested using
gated. Has anybody gated binary for old FreeBSD? I tried to compile
one (i guess it was R3_0_2 with 4.3BSD-reno options) but it crashed
with seg. fault... And the one from the ports tree for 2.1 doesn't run
either :(
Any ideas?

 Thanks,
   Tanel