Date:      Sat, 21 Jun 2003 20:17:56 -0700
From:      Kris Kennaway <kris@obsecurity.org>
To:        Kris Kennaway <kris@obsecurity.org>
Cc:        current@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: nfs_getpages: error 13

--uZ3hkaAS1mZxFaxD

On Sat, Jun 21, 2003 at 08:14:22PM -0700, Kris Kennaway wrote:
> On Sat, Jun 21, 2003 at 11:04:20PM -0400, Robert Watson wrote:
> >=20
> > On Sat, 21 Jun 2003, Kris Kennaway wrote:
> >=20
> > > I have 3 machines running off of a 5.1-CURRENT NFS server (updated on
> > > June 19), and the 5.1-BETA clients are all getting the following under
> > > load:
> > >=20
> > >=20
> > > Any ideas?
> >=20
> > 13 is EACCES.  Were you by any chance replacing or modifying the cp file
> > or one of the shared libraries it relies on in NFS during the accesses?=
=20
> > (i.e., installworld)
>=20
> Not that I'm aware of - this is just a regular package build on the
> new korean package cluster, and I'm still getting the errors
> intermittently throughout the build.

The only nfs mounts that are going on are read-only mounts used to
copy things from, so cp seems to be faulting when trying to read data
from the NFS server.  ps gave me a patch that modifies the
nfs_getpages error to report the relevant pathname, so I might be able
to get some more information about this.

Kris

--uZ3hkaAS1mZxFaxD

--uZ3hkaAS1mZxFaxD--