Date:      01 Oct 1998 21:08:00 -0700
From:      Harry Putnam <reader@newsguy.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: mouse behavior

Greg Lehey <grog@lemis.com> writes:

> On Thursday,  1 October 1998 at 20:07:53 -0700, Harry Putnam wrote:
> > After installing FreeBSD-2.2.7,  I haven't been able to figure out how
> > the mouse is supposed to work.  The dialogue box where you test to see
> > if it works duing install, showed it to be working.
> >
> > Now when logged in I can hylite text in console mode and it sort of
> > shivers and glitters as well as hylites.  But no movement of text from
> > one place to another seems possible.  To insert something at the
> > command line, isn't happening.  Left click, hylite and copy, right
> > click paste isn't it?
>
> Not in UNIX.  Paste with middle button.

Of course, I tried every combination known to man including middle
mouse. No go.  But in console mode isn't it just right mouse to paste?
I know its middle mouse in X but haven't installed X stuff yet.

On linux box its just right mouse in console mode to paste.
But like I said, middle mouse doesn't do it either.

--
Harry Putnam reader@newsguy.com
Running Redhat Linux-5.1