Date:      Sun, 25 Mar 2001 17:11:32 -0500
From:      "Ed Wynn" <edwynn42@hotmail.com>
To:        freebsd-net@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: D-Link problem

>Are you sure the card is using the 8139 chipset?  The 8139 can provide PHY
>information via the status register.  Since we're obviously not getting any
>such data, I'm wondering if this card is based on something else.

I'm pretty sure it is.  The Linux driver source file is called "rtl8139.c",
so that's a good hint.  Is there a way to tell them apart by looking at the
board?  Mine says "DFE-538TX Rev. D1", and the only chip on the board says
"DL10038C".

>If you want to try out the ed driver, you'll have to hack
>dev/ed/if_ed_pci.c
>and put the device/vendor codes in there.

I'll give that a try, but I have slim hopes for it.

Greg Schmidt (still as esdynn42@hotmail.com)