Date:      Fri, 11 Apr 2008 11:05:52 +0200
From:      Toni Schmidbauer <toni@stderror.at>
To:        Norman Maurer <norman@apache.org>
Cc:        freebsd-questions <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: ZFS-Pool is lost after reboot ( amd64 )

At Fri, 11 Apr 2008 09:12:55 +0200,
Norman Maurer wrote:
> Am Donnerstag, den 10.04.2008, 22:50 +0200 schrieb Toni Schmidbauer:
> If I run zpool import x1 it works. But as you say it should do it by its
> own. Maybe it whould be the best to open a bugreport ?

i had problems importing a zpool when /etc/rc.d/hostid did not
start. zfs stores this unique id on the disks to identify the system
which had the pool imported most recently.

when the on disk host id and the system host id differ you have force
the import (zpool import -f). which is dangerous if your pool is on
shared storage...

hth,
toni
--
If you understand what you're doing, you're | toni at stderror dot at
not learning anything.                      | Toni Schmidbauer