Date:      Wed, 31 Jan 2001 09:30:37 -0600
From:      "Darryl Hoar" <darryl@osborne-ind.com>
To:        <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   ppp packet filtering

Greetings,
I use userland ppp with the -auto and -nat flags.  This is a
good combo for me.  I want to do some packet filtering for
security reasons, and wondered if the packet filtering that
you can do with rules in the ppp.conf is good ?  The
tutorials I've seen start off by configuring NAT on the system
then using one of the system filtering programs to do the
job.  Seems like overkill if ppp can do the job.

thanks for the input,
Darryl