Date:      Sat, 12 Nov 2005 14:05:01 +0100
From:      Timm Florian Gloger <timm.gloger@gmail.com>
To:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   FreeBsd 6.0 i386 freezes after ata initialization

Hi list,

I tried to install i386 6.0 a few times now, but every time the hardware
intitialization freezes at the same point.

After detecting my 2 ide channels with their slave and master drives
attached, the system stops acting or reacting on anything,
except that acpi prompts that it is not ready to shutdown if i hit the
powerbutton on the machine.

The system remains in this state until i do a "hard" power-off.

Are there any suggestion what might be the cause of this?
If you need further information, just tell me.

Thanks
Timm