Date:      Sun, 7 Jun 1998 21:17:09 +0200
From:      Dang-Ngoc TUYET-TRAM <Dang-Ngoc.Tuyet-Tram@prism.uvsq.fr>
To:        Greg Bedrossian <greg@gcsl.com>
Cc:        FreeBSD-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Group Previleges

Greg Bedrossian wrote:

> Can someone please tell me how to add a group to a user.
> For example:
>
> I need to add the group "wheel" to my user name. I know how it
> can be done at creation time with "adduser", but what about
> after a user has already been created.
>
> Thanks.

Simply edit the file /etc/group and add to the group you want
the user to be in, the name of the user.

For example
wheel:*:0:root,dntt

in the group wheel, there are the users dntt and root.
A user can be added in many groups at the same time just by adding his loggin in
the correspondings line.

Tuyet Tram DANG NGOC
--
Universite de Versailles