Date:      Wed, 11 Oct 2006 19:19:40 -0700
From:      Steve Kargl <sgk@troutmask.apl.washington.edu>
To:        Igor Mozolevsky <igor@hybrid-lab.co.uk>, g@troutmask.apl.washington.edu
Cc:        freebsd-amd64@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: wine still unusable?

On Thu, Oct 12, 2006 at 02:07:48AM +0100, Igor Mozolevsky wrote:

> I do like the FreeBSD community approach to bug reports - fix it
> yourself and send us a patch! Having thought that PR stood for
> Problem Report, it is becoming clear that it actually stands for
> Problem Resolution!..

It's simply reality.  There are too few developers and
too many bugs and feature requests.  If someone has been
waiting over a year for progress on a port and nothing
has appeared, then it's probably easy to guess no one
is working on that particular port.  You have three
choices: 1) Pay someone to fix, 2) fix it yourself,
or 3) waiting until it appears from Kris' black box.

--
Steve