Date:      Mon, 8 Nov 1999 21:08:07 +0100 (CET)
From:      Wilko Bulte <wilko@yedi.iaf.nl>
To:        garyj@muc.de
Cc:        freebsd-isdn@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: cable for AVM card

As Gary Jennejohn wrote ...
> Wilko Bulte writes:
> >As Gary Jennejohn wrote ...
> >> Wilko Bulte writes:
> >> Are you planning to use this under Windows ? Because there's no support for
> >> it in i4b (unless you want to finish up the driver I started :).
> >
> [snip]
> >I just found (after a closer look at both the board and www.avm.de) that
> >it has a Transputer. Cool..
> >
> >How far did you get with the driver anyway? I'm really not up to speed
> >with ISDN protocols etc so I'm probably of little use as far as ISDN
> >card drivers are concerned.
>
> Since it's an active card it doesn't really need much in the way of a
> driver. The transputer on the card does all the negotiating for a
> connection, etc.
>
> I got to the point where I could download the firmware to the card,
> start it and get the "I'm ready for business" interrupt back.
>
> What's missing, the hardest part, is a CAPI interface. The card must be
> fed with CAPI commands. That's where I lost interest. Somewday I'll pick
> it up again and finish the driver, unless someone else does it before
> that.
>
> In some ways it's a little like CAM. You're a storage guy, should be right
> up you alley :)

Yeah...  ;-) But I really don't have the time to dig into i4b.

I've tested it using WinNT and the AVM test programs say it is fine
(I hope that test means anything but OK).

If there is someone out there who is *serious* in wanting to write a
driver for it I'm willing to donate it to the FreeBSD project for that
cause. So, the condition is to write a driver for i4b for it. It's not
intended to end in somebodys Linux box.. ;-)

And you'd have to source a cable for it yourself as I don't have one.

Wilko