Date:      Thu, 16 Mar 2000 16:05:07 +0000
From:      Phil <philb@mobiustech.ie>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Adaptec Question

Hi,

I'd like to set up a file (Samba) server using FreeBSD
(probably 3.4) on an intel based system. I'm looking into
hardware RAID systems using a PCI SCSI card. The adaptec
131U2 and 133U2 both look pretty impressive. Does anyone
know if these are supported under FreeBSD? Does anyone
have any other suggestions? I currently have a software
mirror (using ccd) but I'd be happier using a hardware
based solution.

Thanks for your help.

 -phil