Date:      Sun, 6 Jul 2008 00:51:45 +1000
From:      andrew clarke <mail@ozzmosis.com>
To:        Sebastian Tymk?w <sebastian.tymkow@gmail.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Sed in FreeBSD

On Sat 2008-07-05 16:06:39 UTC+0200, Sebastian Tymk?w (sebastian.tymkow@gmail.com) wrote:

> I'm trying to use sed in script to append file after pattern but I couldn't
> find any good example how can I do it.
> I've tried with sed -e '/PATTERN/ a\ line' file but this did'n work. There
> are many axamples in internet but none of them work on FreeBSD.

I'm not too familiar with sed and so am unsure what you're trying to.

It looks as though BSD sed is supplied with in the FreeBSD base
system.  You might want to try GNU sed instead.  It's in the Ports
tree - textproc/gsed.

If neither of them work for you then you've probably made a mistake
with your input.